Monday, August 29, 2005

Some Things Protect Themselves By Being What (or Who) They Are.

At first I thought "In his mind, in 1984 this would have been the result of hitting the 'Ultimate Career Nightmare' button in the time machine." And in my mind too.

Then I remembered something very important:
I'm talking about David Lee Roth.
There's a completely different set of rules and premises at work here.

This is probably EXACTLY what that clown was hoping to be doing in 2004 on that day of all days. And God bless for him loving every stinkin' second of it. Talk about not givin' a shit. He's SUPPOSED to be pulling off stuff like this. He wouldn't be David Lee Roth if he wasn't.

You think I'm gonna give it up here? No you gotta go do the legwork pal.
Wait for it...

'Jump' and 'California Girls'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know...david lee roth is the fucking "johny appleseed" of american rock & roll...

Dave said...

No, no,..Sammy Hagar is the Johnny Appleseed of rock and roll. That's what I've said.

Hmmm, I think Dave could be the P.T. Barnum of rock and roll- Not the most talented guy of the production, but he's got a few tricks up his sleeve , he's the ultimate host and ringmaster, and knows how to make the crowd feel that they're indeed witnessing an awesome spectacle of world class talent, skill, and daring-do. And he's always smiling.