Monday, June 27, 2005

"Bat Recall Armed Alfred..."

Ok, I'm calling it;

I think as another homage to the original Batman movies, I think they got the same gossip columnist socialite to be in 'Batman Begins' that was in the others. I was able to find online a character named 'Gossip Gerty' real name Elizabeth Sanders. But she's not credited in Batman Begins yet. She was in the 92, 95, and 97 Batmans.

(The other homage I speak of is when Bale grabbed Falconi and did the classic 'grab'em-by-the-lapels and give an in-the-face "I'M BATMAN!" Or is that a comic thing and I'm only an average geek?)

Remember how at every Wayne manor party or society function there'd be that annoying woman who grab Bruce Wayn'es arms and exclaim how "he MUST meet so&so", (usually the villain not in villain-dress). Kind of funny if you think of it in a cultural impact sense...it's gossip columnists at society functions who hook the bad guys up with the good guys.

When the woman who introduced Wayne back to Liam Neeson did that, her voice sounded the same and she looks like an older version of the 90's Batman woman now.

I'm calling it. I think it's the same chick.

No comments: