Sunday, May 08, 2005

Saw Trey Anastasio Saturday night in Cincinnati. First road trip with coworker Steve Bekkala. First time seeing Trey live together as I kind of pushed him to see Phish, and luckily he got to twice before they disbanded. So that was fun.

Being a big Phish fan, it was a strange thrill seeing Trey live without the other Phish guys.

But if what Bekkala and I witnessed from Trey (and his band) was something that was indeed being contained or impeded by the natural dynamic of 'The Chemistry That Is Phish' after 17 years, I'm happy for Trey and glad Phish called it when they did.

Trey went to 11.

And at once it made me love Trey AND Phish even more.


HUMONGOUS PROPS to the opening band the John Butler Trio. Astounding.
You will be hearing about this group, I guarantee you.

No comments: