Monday, April 11, 2005

Its ya Berfday

Today's my Birthday.
Some interesting facts:

- I ate Star Wars-themed cereal for the first time this morning since probably 1983.
(I bought a corn flakes and a marshmallow ceeral, both with Darth Vader on it this weekend. Normally I don't by the theme food stuff, then it hit me that this is the last time in my life I'll have a chance to eat cereal with SW pics of Vader and the crew on it. So why not have some fun.

- I was born on Easter Sunday in 71. Every 11 years my birthday hits on Easter Sunday again.
Birth, 11, 22, and last year my 33rd. I plan to make a t-shirt that says
"Birthday '99 - Go For It!!!" Or, "No really, check the numbers, because yes, I am Jesus."
(That will look good on me at the shuffleboard tournament at the Florida retirement home.)


- This is the first birthday ever with blogging in my life.

- I try to buy the Sunday paper to read the celebrity birthdays for the week to see if someone cool has my birthday. This year I learned it was Joss Stone. Well, at least Letterman's is tomorrow the 12th.
-b. My shared celebrity birthdays:
Rose Kennedy
Joel Grey (actor)
Brad kid from high school.
Amy chick I met at Cross street way back when.
Joss Stone


The coolest shared birthday thing I *used* to have was that it was Eddie Van Halen's and Valerie Bertinelli's wedding anniversary. But that was before the divorce.
Oh well...
Ed-and-Vals-wedding


One thing I love is how David Lee Roth once commented (during the 1996-97 'Almost Reunited But Didn't' Van Halen Wars)that Eddie was so hammered at his own wedding that Roth was in the bathroom holding Eddie's hair from falling in the toilet while Eddie puked his brains out, while wearing that awesome white tux with tails. Val was pounding on the mens room door for Eddie, screaming that Roth "better not have given him any coke."

Just picturing Roth and Eddie in that scenario probably an hour after that shot above was taken makes me laugh.

Ya see, I didn't even try, and on my birthday I brough in partying, Star Wars, and Van Halen again. It just happened.

************
************

From the The problem with knowing what you want is that you just might get it file:

Rapper Corey Miller has changed his stage name from C-Murder to C Miller "because he thinks he's been misunderstood," USA Today reports. "I am not a murderer," Miller says in a statement. He is, however, behind bars, appealing a conviction--for second-degree murder.

Also,
A judge recently reduced P.Diddy’s child support payments from $35,000/month to $28,000/month when he surmised that the ‘ex’ was not spending this money on the child but may have been using the money to enhance her lifestyle.

I hate these shitheads.



************
************

"You will go see Umphrey's McGee...."
OKenobi-E4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's also my birthday today, dude. I'll send Chloe over to your place later tonight to help you "celebrate".