Monday, March 28, 2005

Thanks Easter Bunny...BAWK! BAWK!

The best part is I don't even have to explain it:
www.leiasmetalbikini.com

*********

Then there's this guy's home-built Solar Death Ray.

*********

Going for the 3, we'll merge Star Wars and radial destruction together with me telling you how awesome this new Star Wars Republic Commando game is. I played a level of it over the weekend on my Xbox. It's like Halo, but you're leading a crack squad of Clone Trooper commandos running around, blowing up stuff. And to be honest, the battle droids actually seem intimidating and cool in this game. I think the computer dudes drew them better and bulked them up. You'd think leading 3 other dudes and remembering the commands and button combos to remember what thing does what to make who go where would be a jones and frustration, but it's really user-friendly/you pick it up quick. Sweet visuals too.

One of the coolest things is when you get walloped by something, or almost killed. ('Incapacitated' the game calls it) Your 1st person p.o.v gets blurry and dizzy looking thru your helmet visor as you lay wherever you went down. You can move your head slowly, still seeing this acid-trip like visual of the action still around you. It's really cool when you see your squadmates kneel over you and talk to you while reviving you (then they may turn for a sec to blast something coming at both of you.) Then you get up and there's this woozy vertigo moment where you regain your balance for a second before getting your posture and facilities back. The screen sways and swoons aruond a bit. Sounds simple, but you have to see it. The programmers did it just right inducing that "coming to" feeling in the game viewer.

I'm no hardcore gamer and I'm sure some other game did this years ago, but I'm just saying, it's pretty damn cool and well done in this one too.

Why am I defending myself to you?

harvey

No comments: