Thursday, March 08, 2007

We Need A Plan...

I love being a guy. Because unlike women I believe, I can appreciate the utter brilliance and beauty of this whole vignette

I think it's a factor of boldness. The balls as an actor to not so much act, or emulate, or attempt to be funny, but to channel the absolute true nature of the male mind and reveal it to the world. Whether it's Evel strapping into the rocket cycle and saying "No really, I really can pull this off" and you can see in his eye that he believes (because in every man's mind, they thought "yeah, technically, it's possible. I'd give it a try to if I was him." --- or Carrey and Daniels unleashing their inner 9 year olds for Dumb and Dumber, it comes down to the power to be vulnerable. To reveal truth, to open up and show what we guys are capable of thinking, imagining, and planning. In the face of all reason.

Guys get Dumb and Dumber because we were once those guys. To see adult males nail that perfect blend of the sharpest emotional imagination coupled with a blunted inexperienced social awarness (i.e. 9 year old boys), is a work of art. We all KNEW we shouldn't be smuggling small explosives into the treefort to upgrade our army guy wars, but c'mon. Somewhere deep down we knew we had "being kids" in our head as a legit excuse if sh*t went down. Or up (in flames) I should say. That diplomatic accord between ignorance and can-do imagination is what fuels the genius adults who find a way to keep riding that mindspace as they "mature"; "How can I push the envelope of making something as cool as possible without letting social practicality persaude me to cool my ideas?"

Well, I'm tangenting again. Point is, in times of drama, when no one's watching, we'll likely revert to the light, flexible, mobile, imaginative mind of our former 10 year old self.

Ladies, remember this when you're sons get to 8-10.





No comments: