Saturday, October 07, 2006

By the way, in case you didn't know it, your life is not yours. And it kinda sucks. But maybe not.
Why?
Because you ripped off Bruce Springsteen. Blatantly.

Explanation forthcoming....


[But just so you know, I'm not saying I think it's bad, or even that I think it sucks. I just need you to know. Because I heard someone else say so too. Heck I like you. And Bruce. I don't see or hear the ripoff, but since so many other people say so, it must be true. Plus it's way easier for me to just say it instead of making sure myself. Kinda like the way people get mad when the GOP gets all their crew(s) using the same buzzwords to corral a story or frame a perspective.]

========

Part II:

Art is a selective re-creation of reality according to an artist's metaphysical value-judgments. An artist recreates those aspects of reality which represent his fundamental view of man's nature. -- Ayn Rand

========
Part III:
Oh, but it's okay if The Hold Steady likes him.

"We've been on the phone only a few minutes, and my bi-coastal blunder has already confirmed my guess. "Laid back" is the phrase of the hour for The Hold Steady, the band that will toss you a beer and remind you how to kick back. There's a musical void long left vacant by the likes of Bruce Springsteen and Led Zeppelin, who exist only in the occasional Top 40 rundown. Kids, the time has come to touch that dial. The Hold Steady will take over from here and remind us just why that kind of music feels so good, sans a speck of irony."

" it ain't no rocket science to decipher that these dudes harbor some big love for everything from the Boss to Jim Carroll to The Replacements. Please recognize, the mere existence of a band naming Bruce Springsteen as a major influence sets 'em apart from The Arcade Fires and Belle & Sebastians who held their headline spot in the past."

2 comments:

.:DataWhat?:. said...

Need...closure

.:DataWhat?:. said...

OK, man, this was like a month ago...