Thursday, July 27, 2006

When i was young we had 2 Lhasa Apso dogs.
The male's name was Toshi.

My Mom chose it, though I don't know how or why. We had him I think before Star Wars and I didn't name him. In star Wars, Luke wanted to go to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters. It wast the local hangout for Tatooine young adults.

I had a dream last night and Toshi was in it;

I started running a footrace, like a 10k or something, in the countryside. among many people in the starting line Bo, Luke, and Daisy happened to running the race too. Eventually I was running alone, and got on a giant new skyway/beltway (like how a highway runs around/thru a city but up way high, like Baltimore, Philly, Toronto.) I'm alone running uphill on this perfect, new black asphalt lane that felt like a running track. It's night time. Muggy, super quiet, and humid. High up. Moisture in the air like last night was, every surface like it's sweating. A giant Sears Tower to the left, the only structure in and against the dark grey foggy giant sky that surrounds the skyway lanes. Colors lIke I'm on Kamino, the cloners rain planet from Attack of the Clones, but it's not raining. I'm thinking "I guess that's Toronto's Sears Tower. Hmm!.

I start getting up to the highest part of this beltway where it levels off and there's this lone box, like a shed in the middle of the road lane. I get to it and Glenn Close is stooped against it, like she was in the race too, catching her breath. I stop to chat with her and we both start looking back down the beltway and deducing we must have missed a turn in the race route because no one is coming up the beltway. Or did we? But at her feet, milling around like normal milling, is my old dog Toshi. LIke he was her dog and was jogging the race with her.

I'm in that deep REM sleep of a dream where it's so vivid and real to the senses that I start realizing I'm in a dream and begin thinking about what the dream means from within the dream. I begin piecing the elements together, separating the suboncious message meanings from the easier things that are just recent dashes of normal life into the dream sauce -- muggy and foggy (the drive home last night from band practice), lone uphill new asphalt beltway, up at top, Glenn close and I made a wrong turn maybe?, Toshi my old dog is there (thinking about Toshi station from watching Star Wars/your website)

Then the giant outtro chorus of Mellencamp's "Pink Houses" yanks me from the dream into my bedroom as my alarm clock goes off with 107.1's morning playlist. I lay there mad about this. I finally get up for work and have the thought in me that Lawrence Kasdan needs to trick all the actors of the Big Chill into a secret conf call. So he can get Glenn, Kline, Goldblum, JoBeth, Hurt, Berenger, and the others on the line to get honest feedback on his serious idea of a Big Chill 2, but the same characters at the age they'd be now in 2006. Because if he sent message to all of them (via their pubicist's) saying "I'd like us all on a call to discuss a Big Chill 2", some of them would vote their opinion by blowing it off.

That was my Thursday morning. How was yours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You passed up Daisy during a marathon only to find Glen Close? I think you did make a wrong turn. Careful, Glen will boil your bunny.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Camino chevrolet The dog plush toys Hand held cell phone jammer Subaru impreza 2.5 rs turbo car boot racks discovery rack roof How does medical malpractice protect doctors free baccarat game Gulf air line telefon number