Sunday, May 22, 2005

Good weekend

Saw Star Wars twice so far. What a fun movie.


***********

***********


Joy and I park and start towards Whole Foods when I notice a nice Lincoln Town car next to us with it's trunk open/unshut completely. And no one around. I wonder if I should close it for the person who may not realize it didn't shut. I casually look in and there's groceries and valueables. Do I help my fellow man, or just walk away?

So I shut the trunk.

And the alarm goes off.

"PAMP! PAMP! PAMP! PAMP! PAMP!"

Between the 2nd and 3rd PAMP! I have already promptly (and stone-faced) turned back towards Whole Foods and head off into the store fed up, shaking my head as I angrily marvel at the irony via a tight-lipped fed-up smirk that would make Harrison Ford proud.

As George Costanza would exclaim: "Ya know WE'RE LIVING IN A SOCIETY HERE!!"

Ya try to help a guy out, but he's got himself so protected even the good guys can't get in.

And really folks, have you ever seen anyone anywhere hear that PAMP!PAMP!PAMP!PAMP! and get up concerned saying "Hey everyone! Someone's car's being broken into! We need to catch the bad guy!!"

No. Ya don't. What you see is everyone half turn towards the barrage of PAMP!'s and go back about their business with a whisper of a look on their face that's saying "some a-hole's alarm is now going to ruin everyone's mood within earshot. Please God let it stop within the next 3 seconds."

No comments: